|Virginia House of Delegates District 47|
|January 13, 2010 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 3, 2009|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Saint Mary's University|
|Master's||Catholic University of America, 1996|
|J.D.||Catholic University's Columbus School of Law, 2001|
|Place of birth||San Antonio, TX|
|Profession||Director of Legislative Affairs, American College of Cardiology|
Hope earned his B.A. in history from Saint Mary's University in 1993, his M.A. in congressional studies from the Catholic University of America in 1996, and his J.D. from the Catholic University's Columbus School of Law in 2001. His professional experience includes working as a director of legislative affairs for the American College of Cardiology, legislative counsel for the American College of Physicians, and attorney for Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky & Popeo, PC.
In the 2012-2013 session, Hope served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Hope served on the following committees:
- Courts of Justice
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2
Hope’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Health & Human Services
Excerpt: "Ensure Virginia's most vulnerable populations are protected."
Excerpt: "Commit to providing Northern Virginia with its own permanent funding mechanism for transportation, infrastructure and maintenance."
- Energy & Environment
Excerpt: "Make Virginia the science epicenter of the U.S. through green technology and green job creation."
Excerpt: "Fully fund the Virginia Retirement System. Prepare Arlington children to be successful students and productive citizens."
Excerpt: "Job creation in Virginia is our top priority."
Hope won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 47. Hope ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. He defeated Laura Delhomme (L) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 47 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Patrick Hope Incumbent||76.4%||20,308|
In 2009, Hope was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Eric Brescia and Joshua Ruebner in the general election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Patrick Hope (D)||13,540|
|Eric Brescia (R)||6,758|
|Joshua Ruebner G)||981|
In 2011, Hope received $113,928 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patrick Hope's campaign in 2011|
|Thompson, Betty A||$7,355|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$6,500|
|Virginia Democratic Party||$5,205|
|Can Manufacturers Institute||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$113,928|
The top five donors to Hope's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$3,000|
|Fisette for Arlington||$1,500|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Assoc||$1,250|
|George E. Hunnicutt||$1,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$1,000|
Hope and his wife, Kristen, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Patrick + Hope + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lesbian adviser leaving White House; facts about Harvey Milk - Windy City Times
- Public art project elicits the profound, profane - NBC 29 News
- Paul Walker Was 'So Happy' Hours Before His Death - Huffington Post
- ACC football analysis: With Jim Grobe's resignation, where does Wake Forest go ... - Syracuse.com
- There are many ways to help in the local region - TriCities.com
- Goings On About Town - New Yorker
- The Gun Report: Thanksgiving Weekend Edition - New York Times (blog)
- Abilene ISD honor roll - ReporterNews.com
- It's a Wrap: Residents reflect on 'Hollywood experience,' look ahead to 'Big ... - Kingsport Times News
- What Beacon Hill has in store for you this week - Cape Cod Today
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign site
- Virginia House of Delegates biography
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- VA Public Access Project profile
- Campaign contributions: 2009
- Candidate Twitter feed
- Richmond Sunlight page
- OpenStates profile
- Wikipedia page
- ↑ Online Office of Delegate Patrick Hope, accessed September 4, 2013
- ↑ Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |