Patrick Brennan (Missouri)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 72|
On his 2011 campaign website, Brennan discussed his reasons for running:
"I've been in the construction field all my working life, 26 years. America has changed in such a way that I don't recognize her as she was when I was growing up. I'm running for this office so I can work to see to it that my 7 year old daughter has the same opportunities we did."
Brennan ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 72. Brennan ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by District 79 incumbent Mary Nichols (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mary Nichols Incumbent||62.7%||9,815|
Brennan was a Republican candidate in the November 8, 2011 special election for the Missouri House of Representatives, District 83. The special election was called to fill the vacancy created when Jake Zimmerman (D) resigned after winning an election to become St. Louis County assessor. Brennan was defeated by Tracy McCreery (I) in the November 8 special election. Jeff O'Connell (D) also ran.
Brennan was a Republican candidate for District 83 in 2010. Brennan defeated Roger Teegarden (R) in the August 3 primary, but was defeated by Jake Zimmerman (D) in the November 2 general election.
- Ladue-Frontenac Patch, "District 83, Meet Your Candidates for a Special Election November 8," October 15, 2011
- St. Louis Beacon, "McCreery running as independent in 83rd, after losing Democratic nod," September 27, 2011
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- WGEM.com, Dem. lawmaker named Jackson County prosecutor, 6 May 2011
- Missouri Secretary of State, Certified Candidates, District 83
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Unofficial Election Returns," November 8, 2011
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Official Election Returns, State of Missouri Primary Election, 2010 Primary Election," August 24, 2010
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Official Election Returns, State of Missouri General Election, November 2, 2010 General Election," November 30, 2010
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |