|New Jersey General Assembly, District 16|
|Birthday||February 10, 1985|
|Place of birth||Skillman, NJ|
McKnight earned his B.A. in Philosophy and his B.A. in Sociology from Rutgers University in 2007. His professional experience includes being the President of US Athletic Fields, working as an organic farmer and as a former History teacher at Camden Academy Charter School.
McKnight's campaign website highlighted the following issues: 
- Ban red-light cameras:
- Excerpt: "These Orwellian revenue generation mechanisms have been statistically shown to increase accidents. Law-abiding Citizens should not be monitored like prisoners."
- Improve public education while decreasing spending. Eliminate the standardized testing that stifles critical thinking:
- Excerpt: "Make literacy, history and economics the focus of the public curriculum. Encourage competition through school choice. As a former Camden, NJ high school history teacher I understand how badly our current system fails our students while bankrupting taxpayers. Throwing money at failing schools does not solve our education problems, it subsidizes them."
- Nullify the Anti-Constitutional tyranny of the NDAA and PATRIOT ACT:
- Excerpt: "Introduce the Liberty Preservation Act to restore due process. Since the NDAA was passed in 2011 the federal government has assumed the dangerous, illegal authority to indefinitely detain any US Citizen without judge, jury, trial, lawyer or any due process of law. In a free society individuals are innocent until proven guilty."
- Label Genetically-Modified “Foods”:
- Excerpt: "These “food products” have not been adequately tested and have been linked to food allergies and cancer. Empower consumers to make informed choices about the food they and their families put into their bodies. Legalize raw milk."
- I support the Travel Freedom Act:
- Excerpt: "Our families should be able to travel freely without illegal harassment from the TSA. The TSA is invasive and indecent, it has no Constitutional jurisdiction."
- Restore our 2nd Amendment Rights:
- Excerpt: "Peaceful, law-abiding American Citizens have the right to own firearms and not be persecuted like criminals. An armed Citizenry reduces crime and limits tyranny."
- Repudiate unconstitutional State debts:
- Excerpt: "Today the state government debt is $240 billion ($90,000 per family). It’s time to stop spending money we don’t have. So far NJ voters have only approved $4 billion of NJ’s $240 billion of debt."
- Restore Constitutional Money: The Federal Reserve is taxation without representation:
- Excerpt: "I will introduce Constitutional Tender legislation to give New Jersey citizens the choice of using competing gold and silver money as mandated in Section 1 Article 10 of the US Constitution: No state shall…make anything but silver and gold coin a tender in payment of debts."
- Solidify the banking system:
- Excerpt: "Push Congress to reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act and repeal Dodd-Frank. This will end “too big to fail” bailouts. Prosecute white-collar criminals like Jon Corzine who commit fraud."
- Legalize marijuana in New Jersey:
- Excerpt: "The unconstitutional prohibition of this plant puts Citizens in jail who have harmed no one but themselves. It costs US taxpayers $42 Billion a year to imprison these non-criminals. In a free society there is no such thing as a victimless crime."
McKnight ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 16. He was defeated by incumbent Jack M. Ciattarelli (R) and incumbent Donna M. Simon (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Leonard Lance Incumbent||57.2%||175,662|
|Source: New Jersey Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
McKnight lives in Skillman, NJ.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Patrick + McKnight + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Real estate transactions - Press of Atlantic City
- Roundup: LaQuinton Ross helps lift Ohio State past Nebraska - USA TODAY
- Panthers pounce late vs. Pack - Greenville Daily Reflector
- Patrick McKnight's Campaign website
- Patrick McKnight on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- McKnight's campaign website
- McKnight's campaign website
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," August 28, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |