|Vermont House of Representatives, Orange-Washington-Addison|
|2003 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Rental Property Co-Owner/Manager|
French earned her B.S. in Elementary Education from the University of Vermont in 1972.
French was a teacher for Milton School District from 1972 to 1978. She then taught at the Randolph School District from 1978 to 1980. From 1980 to 1998, she was a Chapter 1 Tutor for the Randolph School District. She has also been the co-owner/manager of rental property since 1972.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, French served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services|
|• Administrative Rules|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, French served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Administrative Rules|
|• Human Services|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, French served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Administration Rules|
|• Human Services|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Incumbents Patsy French and Marjorie Ryerson were unopposed in the Democratic primary.French and Ryerson will face Republican Charles Russell in the general election.
French won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Orange-Washington-Addison. French was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Patsy French ran for re-election to the Orange-Addison 1 District in 2010. She ran against Larry Townsend (D), James Sault (R), and Stewart Skrill (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010. French won one of two available seats in the district.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Orange-Addison 1 General Election (2010)|
|Patsy French (D)||1,753|
|Larry Townsend (D)||1,567|
|James Sault (R)||1,275|
|Stewart Skrill (R)||869|
Comprehensive donor information for French is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, French raised a total of $4,959 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Patsy French's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Orange-Washington-Addison||$2,494|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Orange-Addison-1||$2,465|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,959|
2012French won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, French raised a total of $2,494.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patsy French's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,494|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which French was up for election, she collected $2,465 in donations.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how French voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
French and her husband, Patrick, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Patsy + French + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- ‘’Vermont Secretary of State’’, “2014 General Election Candidate Listing”, accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "French, Patsy," accessed September 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013