|Arkansas House of Representatives District 38|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Arkansas in Fayetteville|
|J.D.||University of Arkansas|
Julian earned her B.S. in Communications from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and her J.D. from the University of Arkansas.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Julian served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Transportation|
|• Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs|
|• Public Retirement and Social Security Programs, Alternate|
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Patti Julian was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Donnie Copeland was unopposed in the Republican primary. Copeland defeated Julian in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 38 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Patti Julian Incumbent||48.6%||5,389|
Julian ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 38. Julian ran unopposed in the May 22 Democratic primary and defeated Dean DiMichele (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Julian is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Julian raised a total of $50,990 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 7, 2013.
|Patti Julian's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 38||$50,990|
|Grand Total Raised||$50,990|
2012Julian won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Julian raised a total of $50,990.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patti Julian's campaign in 2012|
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association||$4,000|
|Democratic Party Of Arkansas||$2,500|
|Morley Law Firm||$2,000|
|Julian, Kathryn E||$2,000|
|Julian, Patti R||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$50,990|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the principles the Advance Arkansas Institute seeks to promote: free markets, individual liberty and limited transparent government.
- Legislators are scored on the bills that the CFC found most important.
- Legislators are scored on the bills specifically supported by Arkansas Learns.
Julian has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Patti + Julian + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Arkansas House of Representatives, "Patti Julian," accessed March 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Julian, Patti," accessed August 7, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
John Edwards (D)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 38
| Succeeded by|
Donnie Copeland (R)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|