|Georgia House of Representatives District 139|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bentley served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Consumer Affairs|
|• Intragovernmental Coordination|
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Patty J. Bentley was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Bentley ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 139. Bentley and Thomas Coogle defeated Michael Dinkins in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012, moving on to a runoff on August 21. The runoff primary between Bentley and Coogle remained too close to call. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.Bentley ran unopposed in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 139, General Election, 2012|
|Georgia House of Representatives District 139 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Thomas Coogle (advanced to runoff)||40.1%||2,860|
|Patty Bentley (advanced to runoff)||39.2%||2,802|
Comprehensive donor information for Bentley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bentley raised a total of $16,896 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Patty Bentley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 139||$16,896|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,896|
2012Bentley won election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bentley raised a total of $16,896.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patty Bentley's campaign in 2012|
|Planned Parenthood of Georgia||$2,500|
|Democratic Women of Georgia||$1,300|
|Planned Parenthood Federation of America||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,896|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Patty + Bentley + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Patty Bentley on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- AP Results, "Georgia State House Runoff Election Results," accessed August 21, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Unofficial Primary Election Results, retrieved July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bentley, Patty," accessed August 27, 2013
James Beverly (D)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 139
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |