|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 103|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Former Harrisburg City Council Member|
Kim earned her bachelor's degree in Mass Communications from Boston College in 1995. Her professional experience includes working as a former news anchor.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kim served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs|
|• Human Services|
|• Local Government|
|• Urban Affairs|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Patty Kim defeated Gina Roberson in the Democratic primary. Kim was unchallenged in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 103 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Patty Kim Incumbent||78.4%||4,258|
Kim ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 103. Kim defeated Roy Christ, Gloria Martin-Roberts, and Karl Singleton in the Democratic primary on April 24. She was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 103, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Patty Kim Incumbent||100%||19,595|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 103 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Patty Kim is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Patty Kim raised a total of $88,712 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 17, 2013.
|Patty Kim's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 103||$88,712|
|Grand Total Raised||$88,712|
2012Patty Kim won election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Patty Kim raised a total of $88,712.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patty Kim's campaign in 2012|
|Hartzler, J Alex||$12,500|
|Pennsylvania State Education Association||$10,250|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 520||$4,500|
|Kurowski, J Marc||$2,500|
|Gray, Joshua R||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$88,712|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Liberty City LGBT Democratic Club: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their support for legislation related to LGBT equality.
Kim and her husband, John Sider, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Patty + Kim + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Patty Kim's personal website
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Patty Kim on Facebook
- Patty Kim on LinkedIn
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- www.pahouse.com/Kim/, "Biography," accessed May 8, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Kim, Patty," accessed September 17, 2013
Ronald Buxton (D)
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 103
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |