Paul A. DeSpain
|Paul A. DeSpain|
|Former candidate for|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Henderson City High School, 1973|
He ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2012.
DeSpain and his wife own a health care consulting firm that works in the fields of workers' compensation, life care plans and legal consulting.
DeSpain's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Conservative Family Values
- Excerpt: "Protect Life – Endorsed by Kentucky Right to Life"
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Oppose Tax Increases and Work to Reduce Personal Taxation"
- Excerpt: "Work to Eliminate Obamacare in the Commonwealth"
Protect Our Commonwealth and Way of Life
- Excerpt: "Fight Job Killing Regulations and Push Back Against the Environmental Protection Agency’s 'war on coal'"
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Incumbent David A. Watkins defeated James Buckmaster in the Democratic primary, while Paul A. DeSpain ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Watkins defeated DeSpain in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||David Watkins Incumbent||63.5%||8,435|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|David Watkins Incumbent||61.4%||2,746|
DeSpain ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 11. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by David Watkins in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Watkins Incumbent||62%||9,714|
DeSpain and his wife, Deborah, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + DeSpain + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House of Representatives District 11
- Kentucky House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky State Legislature
- Official campaign website (2012)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Paul DeSpain on Facebook
- Paul DeSpain on Twitter
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- "pauldespainkyrep," Official Campaign Website
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |