Paul A. DeSpain
|Paul A. DeSpain|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Henderson City (1973)|
He ran unsuccesfully for the same seat in 2012.
DeSpain and his wife own a health care consulting firm that works in the fields of worker's compensation, life care plans, and legal consulting.
DeSpain's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Conservative Family Values
- Excerpt:"Protect Life – Endorsed by Kentucky Right to Life"
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Oppose Tax Increases and Work to Reduce Personal Taxation"
- Excerpt:"Work to Eliminate Obamacare in the Commonwealth"
Protect Our Commonwealth and Way of Life
- Excerpt:"Fight Job Killing Regulations and Push Back Against the Environmental Protection Agency’s 'war on coal'"
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Incumbent David A. Watkins will face James Buckmaster in the Democratic primary, while Paul A. DeSpain is unopposed in the Republican primary.
DeSpain ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 11. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by David Watkins in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Watkins Incumbent||62%||9,714|
DeSpain and his wife Deborah have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul + DeSpain + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Paul DeSpain on Facebook
- Paul DeSpain on Twitter
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |