|New Jersey State Senate, District 37|
|Service/branch||Irish Defence Forces|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Profession||International Freight Forwarder|
Duggan was born in Dublin, Ireland and became a naturalized citizen in 2000. Duggan studied at Oatlands College and the College of Commerce in Dublin, Ireland. He is the former president of European American Van Lines, Inc. Duggan currently works as an international freight forwarder. He served in the Irish Defence Forces. 
Duggan's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- New Jersey Jobs
- "Lower sales and income tax rates"
- "Cut onerous regulations and red tape that harm small business"
- Education Funding
"Adoption and implementation of the Doherty Fair School Funding Plan being blocked by the New Jersey State Judiciary and special interests in Trenton."
- Bill of Rights and Public Safety
- "Abolition of the Graves Act for all law abiding New Jersey FID card holders."
- "Introduction of a sensible and fair CCW license that does not violate either the 2nd or the 14th Amendments to our Constitution."
- Skyrocketing Property Taxes
"Towns and communities can only function effectively if they have a vibrant private sector in which its taxpayers have disposable income to afford those taxes. When taxation begins to become unaffordable, local Government must cut services accordingly."
"A back to basics education policy that does not cater to the large education institution complex. Restoring the authority of teachers to discipline unruly and disruptive students under strict guidelines and without the threat of punishment or litigation."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Duggan ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 37. Duggan was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He was defeated by incumbent Loretta Weinberg (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013. 
|New Jersey State Senate, District 37 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Loretta Weinberg Incumbent||68.5%||28,321|
|Republican||Paul A. Duggen||31.5%||13,038|
Duggan and his wife, Barbara, have one child. They currently reside in Bogota, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Duggan + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Paul Duggan on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Follow the Money profile
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- ↑ About Paul, Paul Duggan for Senate, Accessed May 16, 2013
- ↑ On the Issues, Paul Duggan for Senate, Accessed May 16, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- ↑ Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013