|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Seventeenth Essex District|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Adams is a policy adviser. He graduated from Suffolk University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Adams served on the following committees:
- Public Health Joint Committee
- Revenue Joint Committee
- Telecommunication, Utilities and Energy Joint Committee
Adams announced in February 2012 that he would run for election to the Massachusetts State Senate after he was redistricting out of his state house seat. He faced Alex J. Vispoli in the Republican primary on September 6.
In an exceptionally close primary battle against Vispoli, Adams came out on top by only 92 votes out of more than 3,000 cast. He was defeated by Barry Finegold (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts State Senate, Second Essex and Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Barry Finegold Incumbent||65.2%||44,394|
|Massachusetts State Senate, Second Essex and Middlesex District Republican Primary, 2012|
Adams won election to the Seventeenth Essex Seat in 2010. He defeated Salim Tabit in the September 14 Republican primary. He defeated Patricia Commane (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Seventeeth Essex District (2010)|
|Patricia Commane (D)||6,674|
|Paul Adams (R)||7,928|
In 2010, Adams raised $73,155 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Republican State Cmte||$2,823|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Paul + Adams + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Major US Companies Quietly Funnel Dark Money To Politically Active Nonprofits - Huffington Post
- Viewpoints: 'Celebrating' enrollment numbers; Maryland's website 'debacle ... - News-Medical.net
- The biggest news stories of 2013, by town - The Hudson Reporter
- Dedham Library Innovation Team to Host Dyslexia Film Screening - Patch.com
- 2013: Gettin' straight, movin' up, comin' down - North Platte Bulletin
- STATEHOUSE ROUNDUP: Ringing in 2014 with a storm - Wicked Local
- NEW YEAR INTERRUPTUS - Cape Cod Today
- Rep. Reinstein resigning to take beer firm job - CommonWealth magazine
- The Last Gasp of American Democracy - OpEdNews
- Taunton Gazette readers share their choices for Newsmaker of the Year - Taunton Daily Gazette
- Campaign site
- House website
- Project Voter Smart biography
- Project Voter Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- Boston Herald "In redistricting’s wake, Rep. Paul Adams opts to run for state Senate," February 2, 2012
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," Accessed September 7, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Seventeenth Essex District
| Succeeded by|
Frank Moran (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |