|Texas State Senate, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Bettencourt's earned his B.S. in Industrial Distribution from the Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University. His professional experience includes working as the CEO of Bettencourt Tax Advisors, LLC, which was formed in 2009, and as a tax assessor-collector for Harris County.
Bettencourt’s website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Voter ID
- Excerpt: "While Texas has a Photo ID law that took three sessions to pass, the Democratic Party and its plaintiff’s should now drop their lawsuit blocking its implementation. Without a US Citizenship list there is still no ‘positive lock” on whose ID it really is and it’s all so simple to implement!"
- Property Tax
- Excerpt: "Next year, due to a record 28 Months of Market Sales Activity, Houston Home values will explode 10% or more almost wherever you own a home in the Greater Houston Area. At that point I expect the public to take this issue seriously, and alot [sic] more members of Houston City Council should be willing to listen to the message to cut property tax rates!"
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Paul Bettencourt defeated James Wilson in the Republican primary. Jim Davis ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Davis, Bettencourt and Whitney Bilyeu (L) will face off in the general election.
In 2014, Bettencourt’s endorsements include the following:
- Steven F. Hotze, President, Conservative Republicans of Harris County
- Terry Lowry, Host, What’s Up Radio Program Editor, The Link Letter
- Gary Polland, Editor, Texas Conservative Review
- Richard J. Trabulsi, Jr., Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC Chairman
- Pastor Rick Scarbough, Vision America
Bettencourt and his wife, Susan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Bettencourt + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 26, 2014
- paulbettencourt.com, "About Paul," accessed February 19, 2014
- paulbettencourt.com, "Issues," accessed February 19, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014
- paulbettencourt.com, "Endorsements," accessed February 19, 2014