Paul Blair (Texas)
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Texas A&M University|
|Place of birth||Longview, Texas|
Professionally, Blair has worked in credit and purchasing for the food service distribution industry. He currently works in the manufacturing office of TD Industries.
- Texas A&M University, B.A., History, 1979
Blair provided the following statement about his political philosophy:
|“||The most important issue for humanity over the next few decades will be global warming and ecological issues. All other problems are secondary or human civilization as we know it will disappear from the Earth. I hope to influence others in the government of the United States to take a leading role in keeping the Earth a place where humanity may exist in peace and harmony. I believe in peaceful coexistence with all peoples. I believe in the equality of all peoples.||”|
Blair ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 3rd District. Blair was approved by the Green Party delegates at the state convention on April 12, 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Sam Johnson (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Texas District 3 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Sam Johnson Incumbent||82%||113,404|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Blair + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 3rd congressional district elections, 2014
- Texas' 3rd congressional district
- Email submission to Ballotpedia, December 22, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on January 3, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed May 7, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Facebook: "Paul Blair Green Party Candidate for Texas' 3rd U.S. Congressional Seat, About," accessed January 12, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |