|Alabama House of Representatives District 46|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1990|
|J.D.||University of Alabama Law School, 1993|
|Birthday||July 20, 1967|
DeMarco is a partner in the law firm of Parsons, Lee and Juliano.
DeMarco served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Campaigns and Elections, Chair
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
DeMarco's campaign website listed the following issues:
- End ObamaCare
- Excerpt: "Obamacare threatens families in Alabama and across the country. It must end. I will work to find a free-market approach to healthcare needs that does not take away individual’s rights and run up the costs to families. We must have a common sense approach that focuses on the well-being of the patient."
- Excerpt: "While I’ll continue to focus on economic development issues which help small and large businesses alike, I’m also committing to continue to support our local small business owners – who serve as the backbone of our entire economic system."
- Deficit Reduction
- Excerpt: "Our country is currently over $17,000,000,000,000 in debt and this is absolutely inexcusable. That’s almost $55,000 for every citizen in the US, and if you are a taxpayer, your share is almost triple that. To anyone who has balanced a checkbook before, what we need to do is obvious: we must cut spending until it is less than we are bringing in."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "We have a proud and able workforce in Alabama’s Sixth District. I plan to support those hardworking families with common sense leadership that creates opportunities to grow business and create jobs while doing away with out-of-control government regulations that slow growth."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I have a strong record as a fiscal conservative that I will take to Washington. I have always fought the establishment when it comes to tax increases and will continue that fight. We must cut the deficit, balance the budget and identify ways to support the hardworking families of Alabama’s Sixth District."
DeMarco ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Alabama's 6th District. DeMarco and Gary Palmer advanced past the Republican primary on June 3, 2014. DeMarco was subsequently defeated in the runoff election on July 15, 2014.
|U.S. House, Alabama District 6 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Alabama Secretary of State|
DeMarco was endorsed by the National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund. NRA-PFV chairman Chris Cox said, "Paul has proven his determination to fight for gun owners and hunters in Alabama."
DeMarco also received the endorsements of a number of state legislators from Alabama's 6th Congressional District, including Reps. David Standridge and Kurt Wallace and Sens. Cam Ward and Jabo Waggoner.
For a full list of DeMarco's endorsements, click here.
DeMarco won re-election to the 46th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
DeMarco raised $171,540 for his campaign.
|Paul DeMarco (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 29, 2014||$0||$366,908||$(13,919)||$352,988|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$352,988||$484,041||$(187,750)||$649,278|
|Pre-Primary||May 22, 2014||$649,278||$224,355||$(515,445)||$358,187|
|Pre-Runoff||July 3, 2014||$358,187||$594,024||$(620,276)||$331,935|
In 2010, DeMarco raised $136,865 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Trucking Association||$5,000|
|Associated Builders & Contractors Of Alabama||$4,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$3,500|
In 2006, DeMarco collected $171,540 in donations.
Below are DeMarco's top 5 campaign contributors from the 2006 election:
|Business Council of Alabama||$7,500|
|Paul J DeMarco||$5,000|
|Mary Ann Bruno||$5,000|
DeMarco is a member of the Homewood Chamber of Commerce, Hoover Chamber of Commerce, Mountain Brook Chamber of Commerce, Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce, and president of the Birmingham Bar Foundation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Paul + DeMarco + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Campaign website
- Alabama Legislature - Paul DeMarco
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Abc3340, "Ala state Rep. Paul DeMarco running for Congress," October 28, 2013
- Politico, "Alabama House Primary Runoff Results by District," July 15, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed February 11, 2014
- Politico, "2014 Alabama House Primaries Results," June 3, 2014
- Paul DeMarco for U.S. Congress, "National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund Endorses Paul DeMarco," June 9, 2014
- Paul DeMarco for U.S. Congress, "State Lawmakers Agree: DeMarco is the Man for the Job," June 30, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Federal Election Commission, "Paul DeMarco Year-End," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Paul DeMarco April Quarterly," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Paul DeMarco Pre-Primary," accessed June 2, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Paul DeMarco Pre-Runoff," accessed July 7, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed June 7, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. DeMarco," accessed October 1, 2011
|Alabama House District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|