|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 66|
|December 1, 2012 – present|
|November 31, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2012|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia University|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Espinosa served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Roads and Transportation|
|• Small Business Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, Vice-Chair|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Espinosa served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Roads and Transportation|
|• Joint Education|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Incumbent Paul Espinosa was unopposed in the Republican primary. Daniel Lutz, Jr. ran as a Mountain party candidate. Espinosa defeated Lutz in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 66, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Paul Espinosa Incumbent||77.8%||3,074|
|Mountain||Daniel Lutz, Jr.||22.2%||876|
Espinosa won election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 66. Espinosa ran unopposed in the May 8 primary election and defeated John Reese Maxey in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 66, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Reese Maxey||40.4%||2,875|
Comprehensive donor information for Espinosa is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Espinosa raised a total of $21,378 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 31, 2013.
|Paul Espinosa's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 66||$21,378|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,378|
2012Espinosa won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Espinosa raised a total of $21,378.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paul Espinosa's campaign in 2012|
|Espinosa Sr, Paul||$5,000|
|Eastern Panhandle Business Association||$900|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,378|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
- Regenerate WV - House only
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against Regenerate WV's position.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on lawsuit-related legislation.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the Water Resources Protection Act and its amendments.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Espinosa + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Delegate Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Paul Espinosa on Facebook
- Paul Espinosa on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Espinosa, Paul," accessed July 31, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |