|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 123|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 6, 2015|
Melissa Aguillon (D), Diego Bernal (D), Walter Martinez (D), Nunzio Previtera (R), Paul Ingmundson (G) and Roger V. Gary (L) faced off in the special election on January 6, 2015. Since no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters, Bernal and Previtera, will meet in a runoff election on a date still to be determined.
A special election for the position of Texas House of Representatives District 123 was called for January 6, 2015. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 22, 2014.
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Michael Villarreal was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Paul Ingmundson was running as a Green Party candidate. Villarreal defeated Ingmundson in the general election. In a letter dated November 6, 2014, Villarreal informed Governor Rick Perry that he would not be accepting his seat in the Texas House of Representatives, and would be resigning his seat effective January 15, 2015, in order to run for Mayor of San Antonio, Texas.
Governor Perry is able to call for a special election to fill the seat as early as December 2014.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 123 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Michael Villarreal Incumbent||86.3%||20,178|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Ingmundson + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Texas Tribune, "Three Elections, No Winners Yet," January 6, 2015
- Texas Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed December 25, 2014
- Houston Chronicle, "Perry sets 3 special elections for Jan. 6," December 15, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- John Reynolds The Texas Tribune, "Villarreal Resigning to Run for San Antonio Mayor," November 10, 2014
- Michael Villarreal's Resignation Letter to Governor Rick Perry, November 6, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |