|U.S. House, Connecticut, District 2|
|Profession||Owner, Flanders Fish Market and Restaurant|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 2nd Congressional District
. Formica defeated Daria Novak
in the Republican
primary on August 14, 2012.
He was defeated by Joe Courtney
in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Formica's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It’s time we look at where we are as a country and take immediate action to guarantee that the “American Dream” will be available for every generation of future Americans. We need to be able to leave our kids a truly “United” States of America that is safe and financially secure."
- Excerpt: "I am an independent leader, who if sent to Washington, will fight to ensure that Americans can have access to affordable and quality healthcare through a free-market approach. The legislation that was passed by Congressman Joe Courtney, a Democratic Congress and the Obama Administration is an attack on individual liberty and freedom, adding taxes; it does not address the true problems that must be solved in the years ahead."
- Excerpt: "As the premier country in the world we have to come from a position of strength. I support a strong national defense and I support all of our families who have family members defending our country."
- See also: Connecticut's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
Formica ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Connecticut's 2nd District. Formica won the nomination on the Republican ticket. Formica defeated Daria Novak in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He faced incumbent Joe Courtney, Dan Reale (L), and Colin D. Bennet (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Courtney was re-elected.
|Connecticut's 2nd Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012
| Paul Formica
Breakdown of the source of Formica's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Formica did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Formica's campaign committee raised a total of $121,351 and spent $120,994.
|U.S. House, Connecticut District 2, 2012 - Paul Formica Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Paul Formica's campaign committee|
|Brown & Brown Insurance||$5,000
|Essex Financial Services||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$3,250
Formica is widowed and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul + Formica + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Paul Formica News Feed