|Maryland State Senate District 22|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Maryland State House of Delegates District 22|
|Bachelor's||George Washington University, 1972|
|Master's||George Washington University, 1978|
|Birthday||March 5, 1950|
|Place of birth||Camden, New Jersey|
|Profession||UniServ Director, Montgomery County Education Association|
Pinsky earned his bachelor's degree in Public Affairs and his M.Ed. from George Washington University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pinsky served on these committees:
- Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review, Chair
- Education, Health and Environmental Affairs
- Subcommittee on Education, Chair
- Subcommittee on Environment, Co-Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pinsky served on these committees:
- Education, Health & Environmental Affairs Committee
- Administrative, Executive & Legislative Review (Senate Chair)
- Special Committee on Substance Abuse
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Paul Pinsky was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Janice Fountaine was unopposed in the Republican primary. Pinsky faces Fountaine in the general election.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
Pinsky won re-election to the 22 District seat with no opposition in the November 2 general election. Pinsky received 20,731 votes.
In the September 14 primary election, Pinsky ran unopposed.
|Maryland State Senate, District 22 (2010) General Election|
|Paul Pinsky (D)||20,731||100%|
Pinsky raised $42,655 for his campaign.
|Maryland Senate, District 22|
|Paul Pinsky (D)||20,397||99.2%|
In 2010, a year in which Pinsky was up for re-election, he raised $51,944 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters||$6,000|
|Service Employees DC & Maryland State Council 54||$4,000|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
In 2006 Paul Pinsky collected $42,655 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Realtors Association||$2,000|
|Maryland Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$1,000|
Pinsky is married and has two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Paul + Pinsky + Maryland + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland State Senate
- Maryland Senate Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland State Senate District 22
- Senator Pinsky's website
- Official Maryland State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Political summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record (timed out)
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Official Results," accessed February 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed February 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for State Senator," accessed February 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Pinsky's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- 2006 contributors to Paul Pinsky
- Paul G. Pinsky, Maryland State Senators
|Maryland Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|