|Idaho House of Representatives District 35B|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||South Fremont High School|
|Place of birth||Fremont County, ID|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Romrell served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
|• Commerce and Human Resources|
|• Health and Welfare|
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Paul Romrell is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Romrell won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 35B. He defeated M. Pat Ridley, Karey Hanks and Jonathan Shelley in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012 and defeated J. Kelly Keele (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 35B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Paul Romrell Incumbent||77.3%||13,994|
|Democratic||J. Kelly Keele||22.7%||4,114|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 35B Republican Primary, 2012|
|M. Pat Ridley||8.9%||662|
Romrell's website listed the following endorsements:
- Senator Jeff Siddoway
- Rick & Julianne Hill
- LeRoy Miller, Fremont County Commissioner
- Tad Hegsted, Jefferson County Commissioner
- Lee & Cindy Miller, Farmer/Rancher
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Romrell received a score of -34 points in the 2013 index, ranking 51st out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul + Romrell + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Paul Romrell, "Endorsements," October 21, 2012
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Lenore Barrett (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 35B
| Succeeded by|