|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|Texas House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Baylor University, 1978|
|J.D.||Baylor University, 1979|
|Birthday||April 29, 1955|
|Place of birth||Freer, TX|
Sadler's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Returning fierce independence and Texas integrity to the U.S. Senate
- Excerpt: "Let’s face it — from Austin to Washington, our political system is broken. The people of Texas deserve a government that works."
- Creating jobs and rebuilding our economy
- Excerpt: "Paul Sadler knows real economic development means growing jobs that provide fair pay for an honest day’s work, and retirement security for middle class families. Our state needs a United States Senator who cares about delivering real results for our economy — not just scoring cheap political points."
- Supporting Texas public schools
- Excerpt: "Paul Sadler served the people of East Texas as a member of the state legislature from 1991 to 2002. He led the Texas House’s Committee on Public Education, and passed legislation to raise teacher pay three times and to create the teacher health insurance program."
- Achieving energy independence
- Excerpt: "Since leaving the legislature, Paul has worked as a bipartisan advocate for clean, affordable and abundant wind energy in Texas and the surrounding states. "
- Strengthening our national defense and honoring our service members
- Excerpt: "The soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines serving our country — many of them Texans — deserve a United States Senator who honors their service and sacrifice. Paul will fight to make sure the United States armed forces remain the best trained and most well-equipped in the world."
- Protecting access to quality, affordable healthcare
- Excerpt: "Paul believes access to quality, affordable healthcare is a fundamental American value. Unlike his Republican opponents, Paul will oppose efforts to allow insurance companies to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions and to drop policy-holders who get sick."
Sadler ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Texas. He and Grady Yarbrough defeated Sean Hubbard and Addie Dainell Allen in the May 29, 2012, Democratic primary. Sadler then defeated Yarbrough in the primary runoff on July 31, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Republican Ted Cruz won.
|U.S. Senate, Texas General Election, 2012|
|Libertarian||John Jay Myers||2.1%||162,354|
|Green||David B. Collins||0.9%||67,404|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- Sadler defeated Yarbrough in the Democratic primary runoff election on July 31, 2012.
|U.S. Senate Runoff Election, Texas Democratic Primary, 2012|
|U.S. Senate, Texas, 2012 - Paul Sadler Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$14,511,279|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$14,031,864|
|Top contributors to Paul Sadler's campaign committee|
|American Federation of Teachers||$10,144|
|Communications Workers of America||$10,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$10,000|
|Machinists/Aerospace Workers Union||$10,000|
|United Transportation Union||$6,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Sadler and his wife, Sherri, have five children.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN "Texas Senate Race - 2012 Election Center"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Project Vote Smart biography
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Texas Democrats - candidate list
- ↑ Associated Press Election results
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report-2012 Democratic Party Primary Runoff," accessed August 30, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets "Paul Sadler 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed April 2, 2013
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |