|Alabama State Senate District 7|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||June, 2009|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Other||AOS, Culinary Institute of America|
|Birthday||September 13, 1967|
|Place of birth||Huntsville, AL|
Sanford earned his AOS from the Culinary Institute of America. He also attended Florence State. He has worked as a restaurant owner since 2002.
Sanford served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee
- Contract Review Oversight Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Job Creation and Economic Development Committee Chair
- Local Legislation No. 4 Committee Chair
- Rules Committee
- Small Business Committee
- Tourism and Marketing Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Michell Howie defeated Rhonda Gaskin in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Paul Sanford defeated David Blair in the Republican primary. Bryan Bennett (D) was selected to replace Howie on August 16, 2014, after Howie withdrew following his wife's unexpected pregnancy. Paul Sanford then defeated Bryan Bennett in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Alabama State Senate District 7, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Paul Sanford Incumbent||64.8%||22,873|
|Alabama State Senate, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Alabama State Senate, District 7 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Paul Sanford Incumbent||72.3%||7,140|
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 7 General election (2010)|
|Paul Sanford (R)||25,333|
|Jeff Enfinger (D)||20,819|
|Alabama State Senate, District 7 (2006)|
|Paul Sanford (D)||11,994|
|Laura Hall (R)||8,877|
In 2010, Sanford raised $415,353 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$117,500|
|Alabama Republican Party||$87,103|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$57,733|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$27,000|
In 2010, Sanford's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of December 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sanford and his wife, Danielle, have two children They currently live in Huntsville, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Sanford + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a Google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Senator Sanford's campaign website Archived
- Paul Sanford's personal website
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Paul Sanford
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography - Paul Sanford
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Paul Sanford on Facebook
- Official Senate Biography
- WHNT.com, "Bryan Bennett to replace Mitchell Howie as Democrat Senate nominee," August 16, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- 2009 District 7 election results, Alabama
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
|Alabama State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|