Paul Schmid III
|Paul Schmid III|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Eighth Bristol District|
|2011 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10 - $100/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Businessman and Farmer|
Schmid served five and a half years on the Westport Finance Committee, serving as chair for three years, and has served on the Westport Fire Station and Water and Sewer Committees.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Schmid served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Public Service Joint|
|• Revenue Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schmid served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Joint|
|• Personnel and Administration|
|• Revenue Joint|
Schmid III won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Eighth Bristol District. Schmid III was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Schmid won election to the Eighth Bristol Seat in 2010. He defeated David Dennis and John Rodrigues in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated F. George Jacome (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Eighth Bristol District (2010)|
|Paul Schmid III (D)||7,523|
|F. George Jacome (I)||3,463|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Schmid raised $92,205 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Paul + Schmid + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusets Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Eighth Bristol District
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |