|North Carolina House of Representatives District 6|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University|
|Profession||Owner of Midgett Insurance Agency|
Tine earned his bachelor's degree from James Madison University. His professional experience includes being the owner of Midgett Insurance Agency.
Tine's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Building the New Economy
- Excerpt: "The number one priority in the North Carolina legislature today must be the encouragement of a strong economy and job creation. In the northeast, we have opportunities to expand jobs in manufacturing, alternative energy, telework, agribusiness, and logistics. Good jobs like these are dependent upon investment in workforce development, infrastructure and delivering consistent and fair regulations."
- Excerpt: "The current legislature chose a philosophical stance on taxes over the priority of work force development and education when they refused to keep a ½ penny sales tax to properly fund schools. Paul Tine will fight to insure that our schools are properly funded for today and tomorrow."
- Excerpt: "North Carolina’s K-12 system is being overhauled to better meet the future needs of our economy. It is crucial to ensure that they have the proper funding to train teachers in the new curriculum and provide the one to one computer to student ratio that has proven to drive success."
- Excerpt: "Our community colleges were among the hardest hit in the current budget. Rural communities rely on community colleges to retrain workers, prepare students for college and develop the skills needed for local jobs."
- Excerpt: "World class jobs follow world class infrastructure. When elected, Paul Tine will work to modernize and make more efficient the Department of Transportation, to maximize the state’s budget. He will continue to bring a focus on developing broadband infrastructure to give the district access to the best education, healthcare and jobs. He will support the development of an alternative system to build jobs today while developing the capacity for tomorrow."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tine served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Paul Tine is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Mattie Lawson will face Ashley Woolard in the Republican primary.
Tine ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 6. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. He defeated Mattie Lawson in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 6, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Tine is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Tine raised a total of $181,668 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Paul Tine's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 6||$181,668|
|Grand Total Raised||$181,668|
2012Tine won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Tine raised a total of $181,668.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paul Tine's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Democratic Party House Caucus||$43,331|
|Tine, Paul Newton||$4,337|
|Tine, Whitney Midgett||$4,050|
|Total Raised in 2012||$181,668|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Tine and his wife, Whitney, have two sons. They currently reside in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul + Tine + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 17, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Tine, Paul Newton" Accessed August 29, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
William Cook (R)
|North Carolina House - District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |