Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Avila was a 2013 Democratic candidate in the special election for District 52 of the California State Assembly. He also ran in a 2013 special election for District 32 of the California State Senate.
Avila is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 35th District. Avila is seeking election as a Democrat in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
California State Assembly District 52
Avila ran in a special election for California State Assembly District 52. The seat was vacant following Norma Torres's (D) election to the California State Senate on May 14, 2013. He faced eight others in a blanket primary on July 23. He did not garner enough votes to advance to the runoff.
California State Senate District 32
Avila ran in a special election for California State Senate District 32. The seat was vacant following Gloria Negrete McLeod's (D) election to the 35th Congressional District of California on November 6, 2012. Avila lost against Larry Walker (D), Kenny Coble (R), Paul Leon (R), Norma Torres (D) and Joanne Gilbert (D) in the special election on March 12, 2013. 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Avila + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 35th Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 35th Congressional District
- KPCC, "Rep. Negrete McLeod to leave Congress after one term (Updated)," February 18, 2014
- dailybulletin.com, "Nine candidates seek to replace Torres in Assembly," June 2, 2013
- Daily Bulletin, "Six Inland Empire politicians plunge into special election for seat in state Senate," January 18, 2013
- dailybulletin.com, "Gov. Brown announces special election to fill 52nd District," May 21, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Official blanket primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- KPCC, "Gov. Brown schedules special election for 2 vacant SoCal state Senate seats," January 7, 2013
- Champion Newspapers, "Three declare plans to seek vacated State Senate seat," November 20, 2012
- SCPR.org, "32nd Senate District race heads to a May runoff to represent Pomona, Fontana and Ontario," March 13, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Official primary election results," accessed November 18, 2013
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014