|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 9|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Minority Whips, South Dakota House of Representatives|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||07/28/1951|
|Place of birth||Sioux Falls|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Hawks served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Local Government|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Hawks served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Paula Hawks and Holly Boltjes-Johnson were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Steve Hickey and Bob Deelstra were unopposed in the Republican primary. Boltjes-Johnson withdrew after the primary, and was replaced by Becky Jaspers on the general election ballot. Hawks (D) and Hickey (R) defeated Jaspers (D) and Deeltra (R) in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Steve Hickey Incumbent||29.6%||3,027|
|Democratic||Paula Hawks Incumbent||26%||2,662|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
Hawks won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 9. Hawks replaced Holly Boltjes-Johnson on the general election ballot. Hawks won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Paula Hawks is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Paula Hawks raised a total of $13,526 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Paula Hawks's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 9||$13,526|
|Grand Total Raised||$13,526|
2012Paula Hawks won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Paula Hawks raised a total of $13,526.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paula Hawks's campaign in 2012|
|SD Educators Political Involvement Cmte (Epic)||$2,200|
|Parsley for House||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,526|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paula + Hawks + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 9
- Official campaign website
- Rep. Hawks' Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Paula Hawks on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Candidate List," accessed March 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Hawks, Paula," accessed September 26, 2013
Bob Deelstra (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 9
| Succeeded by|