Payette School District
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Idaho school district websites
- E-mail and phone numbers for district staff are available, but other administration members are absent.
- Academic performance information is available via a link to the Idaho State Department of Education school report cards.
- Employment applications are posted.
- No information posted on tax usage.
- No school budget is posted.
- Only one school board meeting in advance is found under 'Dates to Remember.'
- No information posted on elected officials.
- Current teacher and vendor contracts are not available on the division website. Personnel and teacher contracts are posted on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
- Could not find information on audits.
- Could not find information on how to file for public records.
- No information on the background checks performed on employees. Background investigation information can be found on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Idaho statute.
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Information about the Payette School Board is not available on the district website. The current division superintendent is Pauline King.
The Idaho Public School System is supervised by the State Board of Education (SBOE), which is the policy-making body for public education in the state. The SBOE provides oversight and governance for K – 20 education levels.
Current Board of Education members include:
|Richard Westerberg, President||Preston||March 1, 2014|
|Kenneth Edmunds, Vice President||Twin Falls||March 1, 2013|
|Don Soltman, Secretary||Twin Lakes||March 1, 2014|
|Emma Atchley||Ashton||March 1, 2010|
|Paul Agidius||Moscow||March 1, 2011|
|Rod Lewis||Boise||March 1, 2010|
|Tom Luna, Superintendent of Public Instruction||Boise|
|Milford Terrell||Boise||March 1, 2012|
Budget information is not available on the district website.
- Main article: Idaho academic performance
Idaho’s educational assessment system is administered from kindergarten through high school and focuses primarily on math, reading, and language use skills. Tests include the Idaho Reading Indicator (IRI), the Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), the Idaho English Language Assessment (IELA), and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), as well as the SAT and ACT.
Idaho’s accountability system monitors state and federal goals for increased student achievement; the system includes consequences and rewards for districts and school based on yearly results. Per federal and state law, every school and district must meet annual academic performance goals in reading and math, referred to as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). High schools are required to meeting graduation goals and middle and elementary are required to meet a third academic indicator goal. Schools and districts that do not make AYP are identified as in improvement.
The Idaho State Department of Education reports the Payette School District as having four schools in the district. The district did not make AYP for the 2008-2009 academic year.
|Year||Reading (% proficient)||Math (% proficient)||Language (% proficient)||Graduation rate (%)|
- Payette School District official page
- Idaho school districts
- Local school directory
- Great Schools - Payette School District
- Public School Review - Payette School District
- Idaho State Department of Education official website
- District Staff contact information
- ‘Payette Public Schools’, Services, August 21, 2010
- ‘Payette Public Schools’, Employment Opportunities, August 21, 2010
- Payette School Board
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Educator Resources - Contracts, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Background Investigation Check, August 9, 2010
- Idaho Statutes,"Title 33, Chapter 5," retrieved April 1, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, Board Members, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Statistics – Test Reports, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Report Cards, August 19, 2010
- 'Idaho Education Association', August 9, 2010
- 'National Education Association', August 9, 2010