|U.S. House, Puerto Rico, At-Large|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||5|
|Predecessor||Luis Fortuño (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2008|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Secretary of Justice of Puerto Rico|
|J.D.||George Washington University|
|Birthday||April 26, 1959|
|Place of birth||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
Pierluisi was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He graduated with a bachelor's degree from Tulane University and received his law degree from George Washington University.
- 1993-1996: Secretary of Justice of Puerto Rico
- 2009-Present: U.S. House of Representatives, Resident Commissioner from Puerto Rico
Pierluisi serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Judiciary
- Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
- Committee on Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife, Oceans, and Insular Areas
- Subcommittee on Public Lands and Environmental Regulation
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Ethics
|U.S. House, Puerto Rico General Election, 2012|
|New Progressive Party (PNP)||Pedro Pierluisi Incumbent||48.4%||905,066|
|Popular Democratic Party (PPD)||Rafael Cox Alomar||47.2%||881,181|
|Puerto Rican Independence Party (PIP)||Juan Manuel Mercado||2.1%||38,941|
|Sovereign Union Movement (MUS)||Maria de Lourdes Guzman||0.6%||11,764|
|Puerto Ricans for Puerto Rico Party (PPR)||Sadiasept Guillont||0.3%||5,647|
|Working People's Party (PPT)||Félix Córdova Iturregui||0.7%||13,120|
|Source: Puerto Rico Election Commission, "Elections in Puerto Rico: Canvass General Election November 6, 2012 Results for Resident Commissioner Candidate"|
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org, Pierluisi's net worth as of 2012 was estimated between $551,003 to $4,840,993. That averages to $2,695,998, which is lower than the average net worth of Democratic House members in 2012 of $5,700,168.36. Pierluisi ranked as the 119th most wealthy representative in 2012.
|Pedro Pierluisi Yearly Net Worth|
|Year||Average Net Worth|
|Growth from 2008 to 2012:||6,826%|
|Average annual growth:||1,707%|
|Comparatively, the American citizen experienced a median yearly decline in net worth of -0.94%.|
Together with his wife, Maria Elena Carrión, he has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Pedro + Pierluisi + Puerto + Rico + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pedro Pierluisi's Official U.S. House page, "Biography," accessed February 7, 2013
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, "PIERLUISI, Pedro, (1959 - )," accessed February 7, 2013
- CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress," accessed March 3, 2013
- Puerto Rico Election Commission, "Elections in Puerto Rico: Canvass General Election November 6, 2012 Results for Resident Commissioner Candidate," accessed February 7, 2013
- Open Secrets, "Pedro Pierluisi (D-PR), 2012," accessed June 10, 2014
- This figure represents the total percentage growth divided by the number of years for which there are net worth figures for each member.
- This figure was calculated using median asset data from the Census Bureau. Please see the Congressional Net Worth data for Ballotpedia spreadsheet for more information on this calculation.
|U.S. House - Puerto Rico - Resident Commissioner
| Succeeded by|