Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 32|
Rios's campaign website listed the following issues:
- State budget deficits
- Excerpt: "It is the job of government to provide necessary services without burdening the taxpayers with more taxes. In the current economic climate, spending cuts should be made across the board. I do not support any new taxes, and I do not support Governor Brown’s tax proposal."
- Government regulation
- Excerpt: "The role of government is to provide laws and structure to protect the citizen’s exercise of their constitutional freedoms. In today’s society many private entrepreneurs are looking for ways to start businesses. The role of government should not be to hinder these visionaries but to help them."
- Economy and jobs
- Excerpt: "Immediately cutting the redundant regulatory agencies of California and eliminating AB 32. Cap and Trade is simply another way to tax business. It would drive more jobs out of California."
- High-Speed Rail
- Excerpt: "I do not support the high speed rail project. It is an expensive mess. Costs have soared as is typical of much in our California state government run amuck. Ridership estimates are unrealistic."
- Water and Agriculture
- Excerpt: "Water is the necessary ingredient in creating a productive agricultural economy. The central valley needs water to continue to provide food for the world, and jobs for Californians."
Rios ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 32. He advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Jon Mcquiston (R) and David Thomas (R). Rios was defeated by Rudy Salas (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pedro A. Rios||47.1%||34,476|
|California State Assembly, District 32 Blanket Primary, 2012|
Rios received endorsements from:
- U.S. Representative Kevin McCarthy
- State senator Jean Fuller
- Republican Assembly Leader Connie Conway
- 70th District Assemblyman Donald Wagner
- 30th District Assemblyman David Valadao
- 34th District Assemblywoman Shannon Grove
- Former 30th District Assemblyman Danny Gilmore
- Kern County 5th District Supervisor Karen Goh
- Kings County Farm Bureau
- Kern County Young Republicans
- Howard Jarvis Tax Payers Association
- National Federation of Independent Businesses
*Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce PAC
- Associated Builders and Contractors - Central Valley
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pedro + Rios + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.