Peggy Anne Gibson
|Peggy Anne Gibson|
|South Dakota House District 22|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Place of birth||Huron, SD|
Gibson earned her B.S. from Northern Montana College/Montana University System in 1970.
Gibson was a candidate for the South Dakota State Senate in 2006 but was not elected.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Peggy Anne Gibson and Joan Wollschlager are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Dick Werner is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Gibson won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 22. Gibson advanced past the Democratic primary on June 5 and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 22 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Peggy Gibson Incumbent||46.3%||1,058|
Gibson ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 22 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Gibson and Quinten Burg (incumbent) ran unopposed in the June 8 Democratic primary. Burg and Gibson faced Jim White (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010. Gibson and Jim White (R) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 22 (2010)|
|Peggy Anne Gibson (D)||4,855||34.71%|
|Jim White (R)||4,609||32.95%|
|Quinten L. Burg (D)||4,525||32.35%|
Comprehensive donor information for Peggy Gibson is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Peggy Gibson raised a total of $73,613 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Peggy Gibson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 22||$28,337|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 22||$19,324|
|2008||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 22||$14,160|
|2006||South Dakota State Senate, District 22||$11,792|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,613|
2012Peggy Gibson won re-election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Peggy Gibson raised a total of $28,337.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Peggy Anne Gibson's campaign in 2012|
|South Dakota Education Association||$2,200|
|South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Mr & Mrs James Sanderson||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,337|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Gibson received $19,324 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Peggy Anne Gibson's campaign in 2010|
|Hyde, Jack F||$1,000|
|Ellwein, David & Norma||$1,000|
|Beadle County Democrat Women||$700|
|South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$19,324|
In 2008, Gibson collected $14,160 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Education Association||$1,000|
|Beadle County Democratic Women||$800|
|South Dakota Family Planning Advocates||$700|
|Norma and David Ellwein||$500|
Gibson and her husband, Dale, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Peggy + Gibson + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 22
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Peggy Anne Gibson
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," March 25, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official results of June 8 primary," accessed March 10, 2014
- South Dakota House of Representatives, "Official General Election Results, 2010," accessed March 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Gibson, Peggy," Accessed September 27, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Peggy Anne Gibson," accessed March 10, 2014
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 22
| Succeeded by|