Peggy Anne Gibson
|Peggy Anne Gibson|
|South Dakota House District 22|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Place of birth||Huron, SD|
Gibson earned her B.S. from Northern Montana College/Montana University System in 1970.
Gibson was a candidate for the South Dakota State Senate in 2006 but was not elected.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
Gibson won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 22. Gibson advanced past the Democratic primary on June 5 and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 22 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Peggy Gibson Incumbent||46.3%||1,058|
Gibson ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 22 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Gibson and Quinten Burg (incumbent) ran unopposed in the June 8 Democratic primary. Burg and Gibson faced Jim White (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010. Gibson and Jim White (R) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 22 (2010)|
|Peggy Anne Gibson (D)||4,855||34.71%|
|Jim White (R)||4,609||32.95%|
|Quinten L. Burg (D)||4,525||32.35%|
Comprehensive donor information for Peggy Gibson is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Peggy Gibson raised a total of $73,613 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Peggy Gibson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 22||$28,337|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 22||$19,324|
|2008||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 22||$14,160|
|2006||South Dakota State Senate, District 22||$11,792|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,613|
2012Peggy Gibson won re-election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Peggy Gibson raised a total of $28,337.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Peggy Anne Gibson's campaign in 2012|
|South Dakota Education Association||$2,200|
|South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Mr & Mrs James Sanderson||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,337|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Gibson received $19,324 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Peggy Anne Gibson's campaign in 2010|
|Hyde, Jack F||$1,000|
|Ellwein, David & Norma||$1,000|
|Beadle County Democrat Women||$700|
|South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$19,324|
In 2008, Gibson collected $14,160 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Education Association||$1,000|
|Beadle County Democratic Women||$800|
|South Dakota Family Planning Advocates||$700|
|Norma and David Ellwein||$500|
Gibson and her husband, Dale, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Peggy + Gibson + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 22
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Peggy Anne Gibson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official results of June 8 primary," accessed March 10, 2014
- South Dakota House of Representatives, "Official General Election Results, 2010," accessed March 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Gibson, Peggy," Accessed September 27, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Peggy Anne Gibson," accessed March 10, 2014
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 22
| Succeeded by|