Pennsbury School District, Pennsylvania
|Pennsbury School District|
|Superintendent:||Kevin J. McHugh|
|Number of schools:||15|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School Board Members
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Pennsbury School District
- 7 Academic performance
- 8 School website evaluation
- 9 Contact information
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
About the district
The county outperforms the state in education and median household income. According to the 2010 Census, the percentage of residents with a high school degree (92.4%) is higher than the state of Pennsylvania (87.9%) and the percentage of residents over 25 with a bachelor's degree or higher is higher in Bucks County (34.7%) compared to the state overall (26.7%). The median household income in Bucks County is $76,019 compared to Pennsylvania's statewide median of $51,651.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
Kevin J. McHugh has been the superintendent of Pennsbury School District since July 2011. McHugh received his B.A. and master's in music education from Temple University in 1978 and 1982 respectively. He received his Doctorate of education in 1999 from Lehigh University. Before becoming superintendent in Pennsbury School District, McHugh was the music teacher at Lower Moreland Township School District and Methacton High School, Assistant Principal at Arcola intermediate school, Principal at Pennwood Middle School, and Assistant Superintendent in Pennsbury.
School Board Members
The Pennsbury School District school board is composed of nine member serving four year terms. The current members are:
|Pennsbury School District|
|Debra Wachspress||Region 1||2017|
|Joshua L. Waldorf||Region 1||2017|
|Steve Kosmorsky||Region 1||2015|
|Gary Sanderson||Region 2||2015|
|John Palmer||Region 2||2015|
|Jacqueline Redner||Region 2||2015|
|Alison Smith||Region 3||2017|
|Chris Cridge||Region 3||2015|
|Debra E. DeBlasio||Region 3||2017|
School board elections
Members of the Pennsbury School Board are elected to four-year terms. Each election is held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of odd-numbered years. Five are up for election in November 2015 and four are up for election in November 2017.
The table below displays the budget for Pennsbury School District.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
The table below displays the average teacher salaries in Pennsbury School District.
|Grade Level||Average||10th percentile||25th percentile||Median||75th percentile||90th percentile|
Schools in Pennsbury School District
Pennsbury School District serves 10,887 students in 15 schools.
|Year||Enrollment||Year-to-year change (%)|
Pennsbury School District Operates 15 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Pennsbury School District|
|Bucks County Technical High School|
|Charles Boehm Middle School|
|Eleanor Roosevelt Elementary|
|Oxford Valley Elementary|
|Penn Valley Elementary|
|Pennsbury High School|
|Pennwood Middle School|
|Quarry Hill Elementary|
|Walt Disney Elementary|
|William Penn Middle School|
Adequate Yearly Progress
Academic performance for the district is available via Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) reports. These reports are measurements defined by the United States federal No Child Left Behind Act that allow the U.S. Department of Education to determine how every public school and school district in the country is performing academically according to results on standardized tests. AYP in Pennsylvania measures student results for three indicators: attendance (for schools without a high school graduating class) or graduation rate (for schools with a high school graduating class), academic performance and test participation. In order to be proficient in attendance, schools much achieve a 90% attendance rate or meet a target set in the previous year. The graduation rate measure has a goal of 85%, or a 10% reduction of the difference between the previous year's graduation rate and 85%. For academic performance, the state goals for the 2011-2012 school year were 78% of students scoring at proficient or higher in mathematics and 81% of students scoring at proficient or higher in reading. For test preparation, at least 95% of all students in each subgroup must take the test. Pennsbury School District made AYP in 2011 and 2012.
|District AYP scores|
|Transparency grading process|
School website evaluation
- The names and contact information for all school board members are published.
- The names and contact information for all administrative officials are posted.
- Information on required background checks is provided.
- The current budget is not published.
- There is no information on taxes, public records, lobbying, academic performance, audits, and contracts.
134 Yardley Avenue, PO Box 338
Fallsington, Pennsylvania 19058
- Pennsbury School District elections (2013)
- Pennsylvania school districts
- List of school districts in Pennsylvania
- Bucks County, Pennsylvania ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Pennsylvania
- "Pennsbury School District," "2012-2013 District Data," accessed September 24, 2013
- "2010 Census: Quick Facts," "Bucks County," accessed September 23, 2013"
- The New York TImes, "Election Results," accessed August 9, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- "LinkedIn," "Kevin J. McHugh, Ed.D," accessed September 24, 2013
- "Pennsbury School District," "Budget PDF," accessed September 24, 2013
- "Teacher Salary Info," "Pennsbury School District," acccesed September 24, 2013
- "Pennsylvania Department of Education," "Public School Enrollment Reports," accessed September 19, 2013
- "Pennsbury School District," "Schools," accessed September 24, 2013
- Pennsylvania Department of Education, "About AYP in Pennsylvania," accessed August 6, 2013
- Pennsylvania Department of Education, "Pennsbury SD AYP Report Card," accessed September 24, 2013
- School Board
- Background checks