Penny H. Bailey
|Penny H. Bailey|
|U.S. House, Alabama, District 6|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Place of birth||Grand Canyon, AZ|
Bailey earned her B.A. in history/political science from Samford University. She went on to receive Master's degrees in international studies and aeronautical management. Bailey has also served in the United States Air Force as a Colonel. She has worked in public relations/communications for the New Mexico School District.
Bailey's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and Economy
- Excerpt: "In Washington D.C., the people who are talking about creating jobs already have jobs…good paying jobs. So who’s speaking up for those who don’t have jobs? Small businesses that rely on people with jobs to buy their goods and services? Farmers who can’t get their produce to market? I pledge to be a voice for them! "
- Excerpt: "I have never met a teacher who chose education as a career that was in it for the money! Instead, every educator I have met considered it a desire or a calling. Talking with them, they believe America's future is our children. And, they believe in our country and our children so much they are willing to dedicate their lives for the advancement of both."
- Excerpt: "Immigration affects every person in America, and there are no quick and easy answers. But, one thing is certain; this issue can no longer be ignored. It is time for our leaders to build a comprehensive program that will work, and lead to a stronger America. "
- My position on Guns
- Excerpt: "I agree with the US Constitution and the Second Amendment. In the military, we had to learn to use our weapons to save our own life and the lives of others. Personally, I like guns and one of our favorite family past-times is to go target shooting. We are responsible gun owners and have taught our children to be responsible, as well. However, there are too many people with too many guns that don’t know how or when to use them. That’s just part of the problem. "
Bailey ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Alabama's 6th District. She defeated William Barnes in the Democratic primary on March 13 and was defeated by incumbent Spencer Bachus in the November 6 general election.
|U.S. House, Alabama District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Penny H. Bailey||28.6%||88,267|
|Republican||Spencer Bachus Incumbent||71.2%||219,262|
|Source: Alabama Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Alabama District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Penny H. Bailey||59.8%||4,529|
|U.S. House, Alabama's 6th Congressional District, 2012 - Penny H. Bailey Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,725,004|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$2,904,501|
|Top contributors to Penny H. Bailey's campaign committee|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$7,500|
|Democratic Party of Alabama||$4,970|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$12,500|
Bailey and her husband, JD, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Penny + Bailey + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|