|Idaho House of Representatives District 6A|
|Waha Water District Chairman|
|High school||Lewiston High School, 1971|
|Bachelor's||Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Geographical Information Systems, Lewis Clark State College, 2010|
|Profession||Retired U.S. Postal Service worker|
Gertonson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Preparing Idaho Students for the future with high quality education that also strengthens our communities and families. Embracing new technology and teachers."
- Excerpt: "Building local economies by supporting small businesses and providing tools such as rural broadband and improved transportation routes—so innovators and entrepreneurs will create high-paying jobs in Idaho."
- Excerpt: "Creating an independent ethics commission to investigate complaints against lawmakers, lobbyists and government officials."
- VALUE ADDED
- Excerpt: "Agriculture is big in Idaho and too should be processing our raw exports into products that create living wage jobs."
- FREEDOMS & PRIVACY
- Excerpt: "Republicans have closed the primary election, forcing party afiliation [sic] and ballot choice be made public knowledge. I will fight to protect futher [sic] erosion of your rights in IDAHO!"
Gertonson ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 6A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15 and was defeated by Thyra K. Stevenson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 6A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thyra K. Stevenson||54.2%||9,814|
Gertonson has a wife, Jerene, and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pete + Gertonson + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pete Gertonson, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Pete Gertonson," accessed October 12, 2012