Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 38|
Prior to retirement, Henderson both sold insurance and taught history.
Henderson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Funding & Improving Education
- Excerpt:"I believe our most valuable resource is our next generation. That's why I believe in fighting for adequate funding for our public schools."
- Excerpt:"I will fight to rid our state of unfair sales tax and move back toward a graduated income based taxation system."
Supporting Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Excerpt:"Since entrepreneurship helps the financial well-being and image of our state, we must encourage these people and offer them incentives to start businesses and stay in our communities."
Standing Up for the Vulnerable
- Excerpt:"Our state is not providing the resources necessary to care for the most vulnerable among us. At-risk and special needs youth, the disabled, the impoverished and the elderly all deserve special consideration."
Protecting Labor Rights
- Excerpt:"Labor unions protect workers, guarantee fair wages and benefits, and help keep skilled laborers employed. These organizations are a piece of America's history and have greatly contributed to making our nation what it is today."
Henderson ran for election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 38. Henderson ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Willie Dove (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 38, General Election, 2012|
Henderson and his wife Barb have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pete + Henderson + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner - Reuters
- Governor opens dialogue aimed at avoiding future school finance lawsuits - The Kansas City Kansan
- Bethel Threshers vs. Bethany Swedes - Newton Kansan
- Tea Party Stands At Crossroads After Big Losses - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart