|Governor of Nebraska|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago|
|Master's||University of Chicago|
- Bachelor's: University of Chicago
- Master's: University of Chicago, Marketing and finance
Pete was the Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer of Ameritrade Holding Corporation, now TD Ameritrade, until August 2005. Previously, Ricketts was the Chief Operating Officer, and oversaw Ameritrade's retail client business as well as clearing and marketing operations. Prior to being named COO, Pete served as President of Ameritrade, Inc. and Senior Vice President of Strategy and Business Development.
Ricketts worked for the Union Pacific Railroad and in environmental and economic consulting.
On The Issues Vote Match
- See also: On The Issues Vote Match
On The Issues conducts a VoteMatch analysis of elected officials based on 20 issue areas. Rather than relying on incumbents to complete the quiz themselves, the VoteMatch analysis is conducted using voting records, statements to the media, debate transcripts or citations from books authored by or about the candidate. Based on the results of the quiz, Ricketts is a Hard-Core Conservative. Ricketts received a score of 10 percent on social issues and 87 percent on economic issues.
The table below contains the results of analysis compiled by staff at On The Issues.
|On The Issues Vote Quiz|
|Economic Issues||Social Issues|
|Legally require hiring women & minorities||Opposes||Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right||Strongly Opposes|
|Expand ObamaCare||Opposes||Comfortable with same-sex marriage||Strongly Opposes|
|Vouchers for school choice||Strongly Favors||Keep God in the public sphere||Strongly Favors|
|Absolute right to gun ownership||Strongly Favors||Human needs over animal rights||Unknown|
|Higher taxes on the wealthy||Strongly Opposes||Stricter punishment reduces crime||Strongly Favors|
|Support & expand free trade||Strongly Favors||Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens||Strongly Opposes|
|Stricter limits on political campaign funds||Unknown||Maintain US sovereignty from UN||Unknown|
|Prioritize green energy||Opposes||Expand the military||Strongly Favors|
|Stimulus better than market-led recovery||Opposes||Stay out of Iran||Strongly Opposes|
|Privatize Social Security||Strongly Favors||Never legalize marijuana||Strongly Favors|
|Note: Information last updated: 2014.|
|Governor of Nebraska, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Nebraska Secretary of State.|
Pete and his family are members of St. Margaret Mary's Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pete + Ricketts + Nebraska + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Journal Star, Waiting for the shoes to fall, July 21, 2013
- Platte Institute, J. Peter Ricketts, accessed September 3, 2013
- On The Issues, "Pete Ricketts Vote Match," accessed June 18, 2014
- The questions in the quiz are broken down into two sections -- social and economic. In social questions, liberals and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while conservatives and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers. For the economic questions, conservatives and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while liberals and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers.
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Election Night Results," May 13, 2014
- Omaha, Pete Ricketts endorsed by 2 former Nebraska governors, October 29, 2013
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |