|U.S. House, Michigan, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 5, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
Konetchy was also a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate from Michigan. He was later disqualified due to an issue with the number of signatures required for ballot qualifications.
Konetchy was born in Massachusetts and moved to Michigan when he was 14. He graduated from Michigan State University in 1979 with a degree in Accounting. After college, he worked as a customer programmer developing software. In the 1980s, Konetchy started his own accounting firm.
Konetchy is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Michigan's 4th District. Konetchy is seeking the Republican nomination against incumbent Rep. Dave Camp in the primary on August 5, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Konetchy ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate to represent Michigan. He would have faced Clark Durant, Gary Glenn, Pete Hoekstra and Randy Hekman in the August 7, 2012, Republican primary. Incumbent Democrat Debbie Stabenow sought re-election.
While Konetchy initially appeared on the official candidate list, he was later disqualified.
On June 4, 2012, MLive.com reported that Republican primary candidate Konetchy did not file enough valid signatures to earn a spot on the ballot. U.S. Senate candidates needed to file at least 15,000 valid voter signatures, but he submitted only 16,676 signatures, according to state election officials.
|Peter Konetchy (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 28, 2014||$1,197.50||$2,956.71||$(1,326.70)||$2,827.51|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Peter + Konetchy + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- United States House of Representatives
- Michigan's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Michigan's 4th Congressional District
- MLive, "Roscommon Republican Peter Konetchy to challenge Dave Camp for Michigan congressional seat," accessed February 25, 2014
- Peter Konetchy for Senate 2012, "About Konetchy," May 30, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed July 6, 2012
- MLive.com, "U.S. Senate candidate might not make Michigan ballot," June 4, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Peter Konetchy Summary Report," accessed June 26, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Peter Konetchy Year-End," accessed February 25, 2014