|Former candidate for|
|Connecticut Secretary of State|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||City University of New York (CUNY)|
|J.D.||Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law|
|Place of birth||Albania|
Lumaj was born and raised in Communist Albania.
- City University of New York (CUNY), Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Lumaj ran for election to the office of Connecticut Secretary of State. Lumaj won the Republican nomination in the primary but lost to Democratic incumbent Denise Merrill in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Secretary of State of Connecticut, 2014|
|Democratic||Denise Merrill Incumbent||50.9%||527,439|
|Election Results via The New York Times. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
Lumaj ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Connecticut. Lumaj sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The Signature requirements and deadlines for 2012 state government elections signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was June 12, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012.
Lumaj is married to Ermelinda, and they have three children: Frank, Amy and Larisa.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Peter + Lumaj + Connecticut + Secretary + of + State
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from May 10, 2013.
- Peter Lumaj for Senate, "About Peter Lumaj" accessed March 5, 2012
- Peter Lumaj for Secretary of State, "Peter Lumaj announces campaign for Secretary of State," accessed August 16, 2013 (dead link)
- PR Newswire, "Peter Lumaj Will Announce His Bid for U.S. Senate in Connecticut," accessed January 4, 2012
- Peter Lumaj for Senate 2012 "About Peter Lumaj" accessed January 10, 2012
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |