|Maine Senate District 26|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Mills graduated from Harvard with his Bachelor's degree in 1965 and with his Law Degree from Maine Law in 1973.
Mills is a practicing Attorney.
In July 2009, Senator Mills joined the gubernatorial race for 2010. 
Mills served on these committees:
Mitchell represented Maine Senate District 26. District 26 includes a portion of Somerset County.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Mills did not seek re-election to the 26th District Seat in 2010, although he is eligible to do. He instead ran for the Republican nomination for Governor of Maine but was unsuccessful. Rodney Whittemore ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. Gerald York ran for the seat on the Democratic ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
Mills raised $21,046 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 26|
|Peter Mills (R)||11,788|
|Robert Sezak (D)||6,458|
In 2008 Peter Mills collected $21,046 in donations.
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
Peter is married to Nancy Mills. They have three children and reside in Cornville, Maine.
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Mills' facebook
- Senator Mills' gubernatorial campaign facebook
- Senator Mills' gubernatorial campaign twitter
- Senator Mills' gubernatorial campaign LinkedIn
- Senator Mills' gubernatorial campaign flickr
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- "The Maine View" Peter Mills enters the race, July 21, 2009
- "Maine Senate" Senator Listing by County
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2008 State House Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Mills' 2008 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to Peter Mills
|Maine Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
Rodney Whittemore (R)