|Oregon House of Representatives District 52|
In his 2012 campaign, Nordbye aimed to stand up against special interest groups and corporations by limiting individual contributions to $50.00. Nordbye's campaign only accepted contributions from individuals that lived in District 52 and ignored contributions from political organizations, groups and businesses. While many believed that Nordbye had little chance of unseating incumbent Mark Johnson (R) in the general election, Nordbye came within four percentage points of doing just that. The election was closely contested even though Nordbye spent only $15,000 on his campaign, while Johnson spent more than $180,000. 
Nordbye ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 52. Nordbye defeated Marv Hollingsworth in the May 15 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Mark Johnson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark Johnson Incumbent||51.7%||14,344|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 52 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Nordbye was endorsed by the following:
- the Oregon School Employees Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Peter + Nordbye + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Candidate Twitter feed
- Campaign Youtube channel
- Candidate LinkedIn profile
- Oregon Secretary of State, 2012 Candidate Information, "Peter Nordbye"
- Project Vote Smart Biography, "Peter Nordbye"
- ↑ Mountain Times, "Nordbye Marches To November," Accessed August 22, 2013
- ↑ Oregon Live, "Oregon Democratic legislative candidate comes close to winning -- with a $50 donation limit," Accessed August 22, 2013
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," Accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Mountain Times, "Nordbye Marches To November"