|Vermont House of Representatives, Franklin 4|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Owner/Operator, Joe's Country Store|
Perley joined the Vermont State House of Representatives in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the Franklin-4 District. He has also served as a Justice of the Peace.
Perley is the owner and operator of Joe's Country Store. He also worked as an employee of International Business Machines.
Perley attended Vermont Technical College.
Perley ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Franklin 7. Perley was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was defeated by Cindy Weed (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Franklin 7 District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Peter Perley Incumbent||46.1%||838|
Perley ran for re-election to the Franklin 4 District in 2010. He ran against Cindy Weed (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010. According to unofficial results Perley won, but as of November 15 a recount is pending.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Perley served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Perley served on these committees:
In 2010, a year in which Perley was up for re-election, he collected $1,400 in donations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Peter + Perley + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Acinapura voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Perley has two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 1998
- Vermonet Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed December 19, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013