|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Anoka High School Class|
|Birthday||June 17, 1962|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis|
|Profession||Senior Loan Consultant|
Perovich's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I am running for Minnesota House to fight for our families and local businesses. The needs of our communities match those of similar communities around the state, yet we struggle to find solid ground for growth and sustainable prosperity. I will use my experience to help build consensus and find real solutions to our State problems. I know that your family deserves better and I will always put people before politics.
We need to address the inequities that is brought upon our area; I will dedicate myself to make sure we are treated fairly, build upon existing cooperative efforts, and strengthen our communities so we rank amongst the best places to live in Minnesota. We do not want to go back to the gridlock that made Minnesota look like Washington D.C. As your State Representative, I will continue the fight for our families and businesses so that we can keep moving Minnesota forward.
Transportation: Our transportation must be safe and reliable for familes and businesses, we need to improve our roadways. I will continue to invest in roadways and Anoka County’s transportation. I will work to make Highway 10 a freeway, not a highway that slows commuters. I will also work to address the public concern with Highway 47.
Economic growth in Anoka and Ramsey: We need to attract businesses and bring jobs to our communities; with a strong infrastructure to serve the needs of our businesses and communities. I know we must provide businesses a climate to grow and thrive. If businesses are strong; our community will grow.
Education: Youth are the key to our state’s future success. We need to continue a strong K – 12 education system; all students deserve the best education possible. We need to increase funding for our technical colleges; we need more skilled labor for our community to grow. Skilled labor is the back bone of all our communities. Without highly skilled workers we are not able to build roads, bridges, homes; our infrastructure. Education is the key to strong and safe communities.
Reduce and stabilize Property Taxes: I opposed the elimination of the Homestead Property Tax Credit. This legislation resulted in skyrocketing property taxes for our businesses and homeowners. I will work to reduce and stabilize property taxes, recognizing that the state budget should not be balanced on the backs of businesses and families.
Perovich's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
As an Independent voice
- Excerpt: "I will use my experience to help build consensus and find real solutions to our State problems. I know that your family deserves better and I will always put people before politics.”"
- Excerpt: "I will help promote economic development through smart investments, sound infrastructure, and clean energy. I support policies to help small businesses start-up and grow, creating living wage jobs for area families. You can trust me to help create jobs and work to keep businesses strong and successful."
Pay Back Our Schools
- Excerpt: "I opposed the solution to balance the state budget by borrowing more than $2 billion from our schools. This has caused schools to make drastic cuts, borrow money to operate and increase class sizes to the fourth highest in the nation. I will work to reverse these shortsighted decisions. All students should have the opportunity to receive a quality education."
Reduce and stabilize Property Taxes
- Excerpt: "I opposed the elimination of the Homestead Property Tax Credit. This legislation resulted in skyrocketing property taxes for our businesses and homeowners. "
- Excerpt: "We can’t expect businesses and manufacturers to want to come to Anoka County and create jobs without an efficient Road and Highway system to move their goods and services."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Peter Perovich was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Abigail Whelan defeated Justin Boals in the Republican primary. Whelan defeated Perovich in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A General Election, 2014|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 35, General Election, 2012|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Perovich had no opponent in the primary. He was defeated by incumbent Mike Jungbauer (R) in the general election. The primary election was on August 10, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010.
In 2014, Perovich's endorsements included the following:
- Education Minnesota
- Minnesota Nurses Association
- Teamsters Joint Council 32
- Minnesota AFL-CIO
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 160
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Peter + Perovich + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 35A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Facebook profile
- 2010 candidates for Minnesota State Senate
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Peter Perovich for MN House, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Peter Perovich for MN House, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State of Minnesota Canvassing Report," accessed May 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- State of Minnesota, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report," December 8, 2010
- Peter Perovich for MN House, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |