|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
There are three aspects to this test: performing research on the wikis, performing research on the internet, and adding information to an established page. Upon completion of each element, add them to the section of this page called "Results." This test is timed; plan to spend approximately one hour on it in total. Note your start and finish times in the section below.
Before beginning the test you must register with Ballotpedia. Please create a user account for yourself following this naming pattern: First name, month, day. For example: Sara0317, or use the name provided to you.
Note your start and finish times here.
Start time: 7:45am
End time: 10:33am
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format. Please use pages on the wiki to find your answers.
- How many statewide measures were on the 2008 South Dakota ballot?
- How many states have a Lieutenant Governor? Which states do not?
- Who are the members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee?
- How many measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998? Which (if any) were approved?
- Who is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives?
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format.
- Who is on the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI? When were they elected?
- What was the decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California?
- Who sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session? What did the bill do? What is it's current status?
For the final portion of the test you must add a vote results box to either a state ballot measures or state legislative page. Vote results boxes require important wiki skills including research, proper citations, and working with templates. Guidelines for adding one to a page can be found here - state measure guidelines or state legislative guidelines. Select one of the measures/legislators below, and add an "election results" section and vote results box, then link to the section you added in the "Results" section indicated below. After completing the section
cross the link you used out on this list.
- There were 8 measures on the 2008 South Dakota ballot.
- 44 states have a Lieutenant Governor. Maine, Arizona, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Oregon, and West Virginia do not have a Lieutenant Governor.
- The Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee members are Steven Bieda (D), Bert Johnson (D), Virgil Smith (D), Joe Hune (R), Rick Jones (R), Dave Hildenbrand (R), Jim Marleau (R), John Moolenaar (R), and John Proos (R).
- Seven Medical Marijuana measures were on the ballot in 1998. Alaska Medical Marijuana Act, Measure 8, Arizona Probation Eligibility for Drug Offenses, Proposition 301, Nevada Medical Marijuana Act, Question 9, Oregon Ballot Measure 67, the Medical Marijuana Act, and Washington Medical Marijuana Act, Initiative 692 were approved that year.
- Oscar Longoria is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives.
- Elections for Sun Prairie, WI City Council are held each year with members holding office for two years. The 2012 City Council is made up of Hariah Hutkowski (2012), Russell Fassbender (2011), Jonathan Freund (2012), Steve Villand (2011), Al Hoffmann(2012), Zachary Weber (2011), Mike Kostelnik (2011), and Mary Polenske (2012).
- The court decided California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. was not considered a public body as defined by the California Public Records Act (CPRA), and therefore they were not subject to public records requests in regards to donors of luxury suites in a new arena.
- The Governor signed HB 477, sponsored by John Dougal (R), into law on March 8, 2011.