For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Brooke High School|
|Date of birth||12/13/1959|
|Place of birth||Wheeling, WV|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Diserio served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy, Industry and Labor, Vice Chair|
|• Government Organization|
|• Health and Human Resources|
|• Agriculture and Agri-business|
|• Government Organization|
|• Joint Health|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Diserio served on these committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy, Industry and Labor, Economic Development and Small Business|
|• Government Organization|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Incumbent Phil Diserio was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Ryan Weld was unopposed in the Republican primary. Weld defeated Diserio in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 2, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Phil Diserio Incumbent||40.4%||1,928|
Diserio won re-election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 2. Diserio ran unopposed in the May 8 primary election and defeated Lynn Davis (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Phil Diserio Incumbent||52%||3,440|
Comprehensive donor information for Diserio is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Diserio raised a total of $60,950 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 25, 2013.
|Phil Diserio's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 2||$60,950|
|Grand Total Raised||$60,950|
2012Diserio won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Diserio raised a total of $60,950.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Phil Diserio's campaign in 2012|
|Previous Report Election Year-to-Date||$31,275|
|West Virginia AFL-CIO||$2,000|
|West Virginia Federation of Teachers||$2,000|
|West Virginia Appalachian Laborers District Council||$2,000|
|West Virginia Regional Council of Carpenters||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$60,950|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
- Regenerate WV - House only
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against Regenerate WV's position.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on lawsuit-related legislation.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the Water Resources Protection Act and its amendments.
Diserio and his wife, Sandra, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Phil + Diserio + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Phil Diserio on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- West Virginia House of Delegates, "Phil Diserio (D - Brooke, 02) - Biography," accessed March 17, 2014
- LinkedIn, "Phillip Diserio," accessed March 17, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Diserio, Phillip W," accessed July 25, 2013
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 2
| Succeeded by|
Ryan Weld (R)
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |