|Idaho Secretary of State|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington|
|Master's||Boise State University|
|J.D.||University of Denver|
|Place of birth||Pocatello, Idaho|
|Profession||Ada County chief deputy clerk|
Phil McGrane was a 2014 Republican candidate for Idaho Secretary of State. He sought the Republican nomination in the primary election on May 20, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
McGrane currently serves as the Ada County Chief Deputy to Ada County Clerk Christopher D. Rich.
McGrane was born in Pocatello, Idaho, but he grew up in Boise. McGrane moved briefly to Washington as a teenager, but returned in time to graduate from his high school in Boise. He left his home state again to complete a year of service with AmeriCorps.
McGrane went on to earn both his associate and bachelor's degrees in Washington. He later attended law school at the University of Denver. Since receiving his J.D., McGrane has served as Ada County chief deputy clerk.
McGrane intends to complete his Master’s in Public Administration at Boise State University in Spring 2014.
- Boise High School
- Associate degree - Piece College
- Bachelor degree in Philosophy - University of Washington
- Juris Doctor - University of Denver
- Master degree in Public Administration - Boise State University (Due to graduate in Spring 2014)
- See also: Idaho secretary of state election, 2014
Primary Election Results
- Republican primary
|Idaho Secretary of State, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Idaho Secretary of State. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 99% precincts reporting.|
McGrane current resides outside of Boise, Idaho with his wife, Angella, and their two daughters, Mackenzie and Kennedy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Phil + McGrane + Idaho"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho Statesman, "McGrane joins Idaho secretary of state race to succeed Ben Ysursa," December 11, 2013
- Phil McGrane for Secretary of State Official campaign website, "About," accessed December 12, 2013
- Phil McGrane for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed December 12, 2013
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |