|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 32|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Desales High School, 1980|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Moffett served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health and Welfare|
|• Health and Welfare|
Moffett's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Constitutionally Limited Government: Protect your individual freedoms and liberty by supporting Constitutionally-sound public policy above party politics.
Jobs & Business Environment: Replace our current job-killing state tax code to a system which attracts companies and encourages job growth.
Public Education: Hold local districts accountable, put teachers in control of the classroom, public charter schools and public school choice for parents.
Moffett listed Kentucky's state sovereignty as his top issue and lists as other areas of focus:
- balancing the state budget
- encouraging business through tax reform
- implementing a new management structure for public schools
In op-eds made available on his campaign site, Moffett called for overturning prevailing wage laws, repealing the Affordable Care Act, and supported the theory that state's have a right to nullify federal laws.
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Ashley Miller ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Phil Moffett defeated Shellie May in the Republican primary. Moffett defeated Miller in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 32 General Election, 2014|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 32 Republican Primary, 2014|
Moffett sought the Republican gubernatorial nomination in 2011 but finished second in the May 17th primary.
|2011 Race for Governor - Republican Primary|
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House of Representatives District 32
- Kentucky House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky State Legislature
- State executive official elections, 2011
- Kentucky state executive official elections, 2011
- Kentucky gubernatorial and lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2011
- Gubernatorial elections, 2011
- Governor of Kentucky
- Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky
- Kentucky Legislature - Representative Phil Moffett (R)
- Official campaign website
- Phil Moffett on Facebook (campaign)
- Phil Moffett on Facebook (personal)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Phil Moffett for State House District 32, homepage," accessed May 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Phil Moffett for Governor, "Phil Moffett: repeal prevailing wage," February 23, 2011 (dead link)
- Phil Moffett for Governor, "Phil Moffett: push now for ObamaCare repeal," February 28, 2011 (dead link)
- Phil Moffett for Governor, "Phil Moffett has a message for Washington DC: Stop Trespassing in Kentucky. Nullify Federal Regulations," March 15, 2011 (dead link)
- Phil Moffett for Governor, "VIDEO: Phil Moffett: Nullification Now," March 15, 2011
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |