|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 61|
Stinchcomb's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Fix Our Roads
- Excerpt: "Stinchcomb supports using taxes for their ORIGINAL purpose. The gas tax should be used to fund our roads, not as a convenient general fund for unrelated programs. It's not that the people are taxed too little, its that government spends too much!"
Common Sense Regulations
- Excerpt: "REGULATIONS.
Stinchcomb believes in good, far regulation. If a regulation does not serve the purpose of protecting the people, it should not be in place. Michigan had 18,012 administrative rules in 2012, for which businesses AND consumers had to comply. Regulatory compliance costs us all. Let's bring the cost of compliance down, and leave more money in the pockets of THE PEOPLE."
- Excerpt: "Stinchcomb believes in real reform, not temporary solutions to problems. Tax reform, part-time legislature, local government reform, education reform, and promoting Washington D.C. reform will be top priority. It's time to put government in its place, under the power of THE PEOPLE."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. John Fisher was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Brandt Iden defeated Phil Stinchcomb in the Republican primary. Fisher, Iden and Michael Stampfler (L) face off in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 61 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Stinchcomb's endorsements included the following:
- John Zull, County Commissioner
- Nasim Ansari, Portage City Council
- Wendy Mazer, Texas Township Trustee
- Ken Hovenkamp, Schoolcraft Township Trustee
- Nancy Carr, REALTOR, Oshtemo Township Trustee
- Richard Ford, Portage City Council
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Phil + Stinchcomb + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 61
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Phil Stinchcomb on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- philstinchcomb.com, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- philstinchcomb.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 30, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |