Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alaska State Senate, District 16|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
(b. April 20, 1950) was an Independent
candidate for District 16
of the Alaska State Senate
. The primary election
was on August 24, 2010, and the general election was on November 2
Dziubinski earned his B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Virginia. He went on to receive his M.B.A. in Management from Loyola University. Dziubinski worked a plant superintendent for Baltimore Gas and Electric from 1972 to 1980. He then worked as an operations specialist for SRC-Solvent Refined Coal from 1980 to 1982. He went on to work for BP in various positions from 1982 to 2010. 
Dziubinski's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Excerpt: "The size of the State government and spending must be controlled. It is unsustainable with declining oil production and a gas pipeline that is not a certainty."
- Excerpt: "Fixing ACES is a priority to ensure robust investment within the State but must also be accompanied by a commitment from the oil producers on new investment, new jobs, and more Alaskan hire."
- Excerpt: "I want State government and our State educational system to provide more vocational craft/trade training for Alaskan residents. Our educational focus should be a dual track not only for college placement but also equal opportunity for craft/trade training."
- Excerpt: "South central Alaska is facing diminishing gas supplies in Cook Inlet. We need to move North Slope gas south to Alaskans for our energy security and real industrial opportunities."
- Natural Resource Development
- Excerpt: "Alaska needs responsible natural resource development throughout the State. As a resource rich State, it represents an opportunity to diversify the Alaskan economy."
- Excerpt: "The state must continue its role in electrifying the rural communities with renewable energy sources particularly wind power to reduce dependency on expensive heating oil."
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2010
Dziubinski was defeated by Republican Catherine A. Giessel in the November 2 general election.
| Alaska State Senate, District P General Election (2010)
| Catherine A. Giessel (P)
| Janet L. Reiser (D)
| Philip Dziubinski (I)
Dziubinski and his wife, Dee, have one daughter.