|Mississippi State Senate, District 43|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Gandy served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Ethics, Chair|
|• County Affairs|
|• Drug Policy|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Gandy won the 2011 election for Mississippi Senate District 43. He defeated Robert Hendry and Roun McNeal in the primary on August 2, 2011, and defeated Connie Wilkerson in a primary runoff election on August 23, 2011. Gandy defeated James Walley, who defeated both Dennis Cochran and Tommy Dickerson in the Democratic primary, and Independent James Snyder in the general election on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 43 General Election, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 43 Republican Primary Runoff, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 43 Republican Primary, 2011|
In 2011, Gandy received $43,765 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Phillip Gandy's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Republican Party||$19,045|
|Gandy, Phillip A.||$5,000|
|The Watchdog PAC||$2,000|
|Wayne County Republican Committee||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$43,765|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,606|
|Cost of each vote received||$3.77|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Phillip + Gandy + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Clarion Ledger, "Longwitz, Harkins apparent winners in GOP Senate races," August 23, 2011
- WDAM "Election 2011 Runoff Results," August 23, 2011
- Sun Herald, "Legislative incumbents toppled," August 23, 2011
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi State Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|