Pickerington Local School District, Ohio
|Pickerington Local School District|
|Number of schools:||16|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
About the district
In terms of graduation rate, average household income and poverty rate, Fairfield County overperformed in these areas. The graduation rate was 91.6% compared to 87.8% statewide. The average household income was $58,249 compared to $48,071 in the entire state. The poverty rate was 11.5%, while the poverty rate for Ohio was 14.8%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The current superintendent of Pickerington Local School District is Rob Walker, who was appointed in March 2012. He previously served as superintendent of Lancaster City Schools. In 2012, he signed a three-year contract stating that he will earn $135,000 a year.
The Pickerington Local School Board consists of five members who are elected at-large to four-year terms. The board has yet to hold elections for president and vice president.
|Pickerington Local School Board|
|Lori A. Sanders||2017|
School board elections
Members of the Pickerington Local School Board are elected at-large to four-year terms on a staggered basis. Three seats were up for election on November 5, 2013 and two seats will be on the ballot on November 3, 2015.
The table below displays the budget for Pickerington Local School District:
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Pickerington Local School District does not publish its teacher salary schedule on its website. The salaries for each individual hired is posted online in the board agenda.
Schools in Pickerington Local School District
Pickerington Local School District serves 10,529 students. Pickerington Local School District does not publicly archive enrollment data.
Pickerington Local School District operates 16 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Pickerington Local School District|
|Diley Middle School|
|Harmon Middle School|
|Lakeview Junior High|
|Pickerington Community School|
|Pickerington High School Central|
|Pickerington High School North|
|Pickerington Learning Steps Preschool|
|Ridgeview Junior High|
|Sycamore Creek Elementary|
|Toll Gate Elementary|
|Toll Gate Middle School|
The Ohio Department of Education issues an annual report card for each district based on scores from the Ohio Achievement Assessments. This testing process assesses the proficiency of students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics. Students in grades 10 and 11 complete the Ohio Graduation Test to not only assess proficiency but also demonstrate readiness for postgraduate life.
Pickerington Local School District received a B on the state's Performance Index and an A in the Indicators Met section. The Ohio Department of Education found that 86.1% of students qualified as Proficient or higher. The district met proficiency levels in 100.0% of performance indicators from grades 3 through 11. The following tables detail results from the Performance Index and Indicators Met sections in the 2012-2013 district report card.
|Performance Index, 2012-2013|
|Performance level||Percentage of students (%)|
- School board elections portal
- Pickerington Local School District elections (2013)
- Ohio school districts
- List of school districts in Ohio
- Pickerington Local School District, "Pickerington Local School District: 5-Year Forecast," accessed December 2, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Fairfield County," accessed October 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Fairfield County Board of Elections, "Election Information & Results," accessed January 13, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Pickerington Local School District, "The Districts Selects Rob Walker as Next School Superintendent," accessed January 13, 2014
- Pickerington Local School District, "Board of Education," accessed January 13, 2014
- Pickerington Local School District, "Salaries, Contract Posted Online," accessed January 14, 2014
- Pickerington Local School District, "Pickerington Local Schools," accessed January 14, 2014
- Ohio Department of Education, "FAQs," accessed January 10, 2014
- Ohio Department of Education, "Ohio Graduation Test," accessed January 10, 2014
- Ohio Department of Education, "2012-2013 Report Card for Pickerington Local School District," accessed January 14, 2014