Pipestone County, Minnesota
See also: Evaluation of Minnesota county websites
This site was last reviewed on July 23, 2012.
- The Board of Commissioners is listed with contract information via phone, e-mail, and an office address for each district.
- The meeting minutes, agendas and calendars are listed online. Archives of meeting minutes are available from 2005 to present.
- A fee schedule lets you know what the county charges for applications for permits, zoning and public records requests.
- The 2010 audit is available online.
- There are forms provided on how to file a public records request and a list of public information officers provided with contact information, including e-mail.
- The county publishes information on its zoning ordinances.
- The 2012 adopted budget was published online.
- The assessor has links to information about state property taxes and how the county will value your property. The site also uses GeoMoose to display parcel information about property taxes and other information.
- Links are setup in a way that do not allow Sunshine Review to reference specific pages of the website, though we could reference uploaded PDFs.
- Archives of audits for the past 2-5 years could not be found.
- Archives of budgets for the past 2-5 yrs could not be found.
- Not all permit applications were posted online, especially building permits.
- Information on membership to lobbying associations, membership dues, or lobbyist employed by the county is not provided.
- Approved contract statements and values for vendor contracts over $10,000 could not be found.
- Board of Commissioners
- 2010 Fee Schedule
- 2010 Financial Audit
- Public records request form
- Zoning Ordinance
- 2012 budget
- Pipestone County Government’s website
- Pipestone County Public Records
- Pipestone County on ePodunk
- Pipestone County Museum