Placer County is one of 58 counties in California.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
- The names and contact information for all board of supervisor members is provided.
- Board of supervisor meeting agendas and minutes are published.
- Budget, Audit, and Tax information is published.
- Information on contracts is available.
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
During the two-year legislative session that ended December 1, 2008, Placer County spent $780,081 for lobbyists and membership dues in advocacy groups to lobby the California legislature.
In 2008, Placer County reported $240,000 spent on lobbying the federal government.
- ↑ Board
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Financial Documents
- ↑ Contracts
- ↑ Sacramento Bee, "Local government lobbying costs soar in California," February 10, 2009
- ↑ State-Level Lobbying and Taxpayers: How Much Do We Really Know?, Pacific Research Institute
- ↑