Portola Valley School District parcel tax, Measure O (May 2013)
The ballot question asked voters to:
- Extend the existing parcel tax for 8 more years
- Increase the size of the tax by $123-per-year/per-parcel, to a total of $581/parcel (from $458).
The current parcel tax of $458/year generates about $1 million every year for the school district. This amounts to roughly 10% of the school district's annual revenues. As this May 7 measure was approved, the district will receive another $265,000 a year from the parcel tax, for an annual amount of about $1.265 million.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote is required for approval.
- These final, certified results are from San Mateo County elections office.
Schools in the district
The Portola Valley School District supports two schools that collectively have about 700 students:
- Ormondale (grades K-3)
- Corte Madera (grades 4-8)
The parcel tax will amount to about $1,807 per student each year.
- Website of the Portola Valley School District
- May 7, 2013 Portola Valley Elementary School District Special All Mail Ballot Election County Information